- BGGE Has a New Look For 2017
- 2017 Tax Season Begins Jan 23rd – Prepare for Some Significant Changes
- The Electronic Filing PIN Is No Longer a Signature Verification Option
- IRS Releases FY 2015 Data Book
- 2016 Tax Season Opens Jan. 19th - BGGE Clients Save
- National Taxpayer Advocate Reviews 2015 Filing Season
- 2015 Tax Season is Here
- Working Behind the Scenes
- Tax Benefits Due to Increase in 2015 Because of Inflation Adjustments
- IRS2Go 4.0 Smartphone App Downloads Surpass 2.3 Million
On Dec. 18, 2013, the Internal Revenue Service announced plans to open the 2014 filing season on January 31st. The original opening date was scheduled for January 21st. However, the IRS claimed the 16-day federal government closure caused significant delays in the annual process of updating their systems, applications, and databases to reflect tax law updates, business process changes, and programming.
According to one of their news releases, "The October closure came during the peak period for preparing IRS systems for the 2014 filing season. Programming, testing and deployment of more than 50 IRS systems is needed to handle processing of nearly 150 million tax returns. Updating these core systems is a ...
BGGE News Blog is a convenient way for clients and visitors find out what's happening at BGGE.com or in the industry(s) that affects them. Product reviews, gift shop "new arrival" announcements, and "free stuff" alerts will also be provided. Visit often. Or subscribe to my blog posts by email or your favorite RSS reader for real-time updates.
Currently, I am doing a revamp of BGGE.com --- yes another one. Over the next few weeks, you might find some pages misaligned, links broken and/or colors, header images, menu buttons temporarily missing. But in the end, I hope you'll agree that BGGE.com is more visually pleasing and easier to navigate. Most of the upcoming posts will be related...