- BGGE Has a New Look For 2017
- 2017 Tax Season Begins Jan 23rd – Prepare for Some Significant Changes
- The Electronic Filing PIN Is No Longer a Signature Verification Option
- IRS Releases FY 2015 Data Book
- 2016 Tax Season Opens Jan. 19th - BGGE Clients Save
- National Taxpayer Advocate Reviews 2015 Filing Season
- 2015 Tax Season is Here
- Working Behind the Scenes
- Tax Benefits Due to Increase in 2015 Because of Inflation Adjustments
- IRS2Go 4.0 Smartphone App Downloads Surpass 2.3 Million
The IRS will begin accepting tax returns electronically on January 20, 2015. Paper tax returns will begin processing at the same time. According to one of their newsletter's, "The decision follows Congress renewing a number of "extender" provisions of the tax law that expired at the end of 2013. These provisions were renewed by Congress through the end of 2014. The final legislation was signed into law Dec 19, 2014."
The IRS reminds taxpayers that filing electronically is the most accurate way to file a tax return and the fastest way to get a refund. There is no advantage to people filing tax returns on paper in early January instead of waiting for e-file to begin.
BGGE Bookkeeping will start taking new...