- BGGE Has a New Look For 2017
- 2017 Tax Season Begins Jan 23rd – Prepare for Some Significant Changes
- The Electronic Filing PIN Is No Longer a Signature Verification Option
- IRS Releases FY 2015 Data Book
- 2016 Tax Season Opens Jan. 19th - BGGE Clients Save
- National Taxpayer Advocate Reviews 2015 Filing Season
- 2015 Tax Season is Here
- Working Behind the Scenes
- Tax Benefits Due to Increase in 2015 Because of Inflation Adjustments
- IRS2Go 4.0 Smartphone App Downloads Surpass 2.3 Million
Last month, the Internal Revenue Service released the 2015 IRS Data Book, a snapshot of agency activities for the fiscal year.
The 2015 Data Book describes activities conducted by the IRS from Oct. 1, 2014, to Sept. 30, 2015 and includes information about returns filed, taxes collected, enforcement, taxpayer assistance and the IRS budget and workforce, among others. This edition also contains charts that show trends, such as the decline in the number of audits and the reduction in telephone and in-person tax assistance, but increases in the use of online resources and volunteer tax assistance.
Highlights of this year's Data Book
- During FY 2015, the IRS collected more than $3.3 trillion, processed more than 243 million tax ... ...