- BGGE Has a New Look For 2017
- 2017 Tax Season Begins Jan 23rd – Prepare for Some Significant Changes
- The Electronic Filing PIN Is No Longer a Signature Verification Option
- IRS Releases FY 2015 Data Book
- 2016 Tax Season Opens Jan. 19th - BGGE Clients Save
- National Taxpayer Advocate Reviews 2015 Filing Season
- 2015 Tax Season is Here
- Working Behind the Scenes
- Tax Benefits Due to Increase in 2015 Because of Inflation Adjustments
- IRS2Go 4.0 Smartphone App Downloads Surpass 2.3 Million
On June 23, 2016, the IRS issued a statement on the Electronic Filing Pin. The statement read as follows:
As a precautionary step to protect taxpayers, the Internal Revenue Service today announced that the electronic filing PIN tool is no longer available on IRS.gov or by toll-free phone following additional questionable activity.
The e-File PIN serves as an alternative signature verification method on the Form 1040 series and helps assist with electronic filing of tax returns. Most taxpayers do not need an e-File PIN to file electronically, they can use their prior-year adjusted gross income from copies of their prior year tax returns. For those who do not have a copy of their tax return, they may use Get Transcript to obtain...