- BGGE Has a New Look For 2017
- 2017 Tax Season Begins Jan 23rd – Prepare for Some Significant Changes
- The Electronic Filing PIN Is No Longer a Signature Verification Option
- IRS Releases FY 2015 Data Book
- 2016 Tax Season Opens Jan. 19th - BGGE Clients Save
- National Taxpayer Advocate Reviews 2015 Filing Season
- 2015 Tax Season is Here
- Working Behind the Scenes
- Tax Benefits Due to Increase in 2015 Because of Inflation Adjustments
- IRS2Go 4.0 Smartphone App Downloads Surpass 2.3 Million
January 15, 2016 @ 6:21 PM
According to the Internal Revenue Service's December 21, 2015 newsletter, "the nation’s tax season will begin as scheduled on Tuesday, Jan. 19, 2016". The IRS will begin accepting individual electronic returns that day. They expect to receive more than 150 million individual returns in 2016, with more than four out of five being prepared using tax return preparation software and e-filed. The IRS will begin processing paper tax returns at the same time. They reminded filers that there is no advantage to filing paper tax returns in early January instead of waiting for e-file to begin.
Although the IRS begins accepting returns on Jan. 19, many tax software companies began accepting tax returns earlier ......