- What Happens If You Miss the Oct. 15th Tax Extension Deadline?
- It's Time for a Paycheck Checkup
- Celebrating Back to School Season
- 2019 Tax Filing Season Begins Jan. 28
- 2018 Tax Filing Season Begins Jan. 29
- BGGE Has a New Look For 2017
- 2017 Tax Season Begins Jan 23rd – Prepare for Some Significant Changes
- The Electronic Filing PIN Is No Longer a Signature Verification Option
- IRS Releases FY 2015 Data Book
- 2016 Tax Season Opens Jan. 19th - BGGE Clients Save
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- January 2019
- January 2018
- August 2017
- January 2017
- August 2016
- April 2016
- January 2016
- July 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- April 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
The IRS will begin accepting tax returns electronically on January 20, 2015. Paper tax returns will begin processing at the same time. According to one of their newsletter's, "The decision follows Congress renewing a number of "extender" provisions of the tax law that expired at the end of 2013. These provisions were renewed by Congress through the end of 2014. The final legislation was signed into law Dec 19, 2014."
The IRS reminds taxpayers that filing electronically is the most accurate way to file a tax return and the fastest way to get a refund. There is no advantage to people filing tax returns on paper in early January instead of waiting for e-file to begin.
BGGE Bookkeeping will start taking new...