- 2020 Tax Filing Season Begins Jan. 27
- What Happens If You Miss the Oct. 15th Tax Extension Deadline?
- It's Time for a Paycheck Checkup
- Celebrating Back to School Season
- 2019 Tax Filing Season Begins Jan. 28
- 2018 Tax Filing Season Begins Jan. 29
- BGGE Has a New Look For 2017
- 2017 Tax Season Begins Jan 23rd – Prepare for Some Significant Changes
- The Electronic Filing PIN Is No Longer a Signature Verification Option
- IRS Releases FY 2015 Data Book
- January 2020
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- January 2019
- January 2018
- August 2017
- January 2017
- August 2016
- April 2016
- January 2016
- July 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- April 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
January 18, 2019 @ 4:49 AM · Taxes
On January 7, 2019, in news release IR-2019-01, the Internal Revenue Service confirmed that despite the government shutdown, "it will process tax returns beginning January 28, 2019 and provide refunds to taxpayers as scheduled". Software companies and tax professionals are already accepting tax returns and will submit them when the IRS systems open later this month.
The filing deadline to submit 2018 tax returns is Monday, April 15, 2019 for most taxpayers. However, Maine and Massachusetts residents have until April 17, 2019 to file their returns.
Nearly 50,000 IRS employees furloughed as part of the government shutdown have been called back to work.&...